We received the following information from the County Judge’s Office on Monday, July 20:
“Today, the County Judge’s Office is beginning a process to gather public input on reshaping the Flood Control Task Force into a Harris County Community Resilience Task Force, with the goal of reflecting a broader approach to the infrastructure challenges and opportunities in our community. The County Judge’s Office is inviting the public to share their thoughts and ideas on the proposed draft bylaws of this new version of the Task Force.”
The community is invited to share their thoughts and ideas from now until July 30th, 2020, via one of the following methods:
- Email CRTF@cjo.hctx.net and submit comments digitally, beginning July 21
- Join a virtual focus group via Zoom. After registering, participants will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Register here for July 23rd at 3pm
- Register here for July 30th at 10am
- Offer input during the July 28th Commissioner’s Court
- Sign up to speak here
A draft of the bylaws is posted on a new Task Force webpage: cjo.harriscountytx.gov/crtf .
Once the public input process is completed, we can move forward with a Community Resilience Task Force that can collaborate with the proposed Infrastructure Resilience Team, and provide a formal mechanism for community input on resilience issues.”
If you wish to provide input on this matter, please refer to the three options above and, if possible, please copy my office at email@example.com with your response.
R. Jack Cagle
Harris County Precinct 4